We loved the loft beds, but we needed a change and I found the ‘perfect’ beds. I used Ana White’s website again (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her website!!!) and found two beds I liked. I liked the headboard of one (Kentwood) and the storage drawers of the other one (Farmhouse). So we combined them.
One minor problem… the storage drawer bed plans came from a queen… no one thought much of it, the building took off.
Aren’t they beeee—YOU-ti-ful!!!!
As they were finishing, the question of the length was brought up. Reality check: A queen bed is LONGER than a twin bed. OPPS! So, the boys were also upgraded to NEW X-Long mattresses (and sheets).
We repainted one wall and got some fun stripes to add interest.
One great thing we did this time around was hire a professional to do the bed painting… SO glad we did. Because of this step, the beds look professionally MADE. I can’t believe how great they look.
TIP: When you take the drawers out to be painted and then to put the hardware on ---- mark the drawers, so you know which slot each one goes in!
I saw this on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect for our sports theme room.
Here they are working on the Johnson Field Scoreboard!
Always a helper! Love him!
Let’s hang this thing!!
Done! Check, check!!!
Love, love, love!! Jeremy told me he is hanging up his tool belt! No more beds! Well, it’s good he stopped with a bang. I could not be happier with how it all turned out ![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment